KADAYAWAN FESTIVAL 2008

| Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Kadayawan Festival is an annual festival in the city of Davao in the Philippines. Its name derives from the friendly greeting "Madayaw", from the Dabawenyo word "dayaw", meaning good, valuable, superior or beautiful. The festival is a celebration of life, a thanksgiving for the gifts of nature, the wealth of culture, the bounties of harvest and serenity of living.



Madayaw Dabaw!!! Last Saturday (August 23, 2k8) was my first time to witness the Kadayawan Festival specially its grand event the "Indak-indak sa kadalanan" competition. It was truly an awesome event, full of colors and excitement as hundreds of young dancers in their most colorful costumes performed in the competition. Davao City is 3 hours away by bus from my hometown Gensan City. I arrived late so I was not able to witness the parade in the morning . The competition was scheduled in the afternoon so I have more time shooting the dancers while they're waiting for their turn.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous, it was the camera you brought along, not me. ;)

kyawster said...

Duhhh!!! Sabi ko sama ka eh.... ayaw ayaw pa.. 'yan tuloy...

Enche' Adykasyah said...

Hello..

I'm a snapper too. Feel free to visit my blog.. Salamat!

http://snaps.clicks.blogspot.com